Penguin Random House
DKfindout! World War I
by Brian Williams
Did you know that the Allied powers used 33,000 camels in desert warfare? Or that more than 500,000 pigeons carried messages to the war’s front lines? Find out why!
Perfect for young history buffs and fans of the Axis & Allies board games, DK findout! World War I is a highly visual world-history book sure to inspire the next amazing school project or report. Inside, author Brian Williams breaks down why the war began, how it was fought, and what brought it to an end.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Explore wartime technology, tanks and artillery, intelligence, espionage, and propaganda
- Pore over a detailed illustration of trench warfare that shows how trenches were set up and what’s inside
- Learn about key players, such as Franz Joseph, Nicholas II, and Woodrow Wilson
- Discover how battles in the skies were fought, and meet the “aces,” such as the Red Baron, who flew star fighters
- See how the war was recorded through art, books, and movies, as well as how it is remembered today
- Fold out the cover for a World War I quiz, map, and timeline
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about history—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
All items are shipped from the Museum Store in Kansas City, Missouri.
Items will be fulfilled within 3 days of order placement. Standard shipping times will vary depending on the shipping method chosen at check-out.
Merchandise may be returned within 14 days of purchase for a refund in the form of original payment.
For more information about our policies, visit our Shipping and Returns page.